The Royal Thai Government has officially endorsed measures for Phuket to reopen for fully vaccinated international travellers without quarantine requirements from 1 July, 2021.
- Have been in countries/territories approved by Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) for 21 days or more.
- Been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before the travel date, with a vaccine approved by Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) or the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Children under 18 years of age without COVID-19 vaccination are eligible only when travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians.
- Register for a Certificate of Entry (COE) at coethailand.mfa.go.th
What you need to register：
1. Vaccination Certificate
2. Air ticket
3. Paid SHA+ Hotel Booking confirmation for 14 nights (or less if staying in Phuket less)
4. Passport with at least 6 months validity.
5. COVID-19 health insurance policy with a minimum coverage of US$100,000
6. COVID-19 tests payment in Thailand according to the duration of stay (Issued
either by the test facility or hotel)
- Travelers must do a COVID-19 test (RT-PCR method) with the test result no more than 72 hours prior to the departure time. The negative result must be presented to the airline check-in counter.
- COVID-19 screening including a RT-PCR testt
- Download and install the designated contact tracing applicationt
- Travel directly to the hotel to await the test results. If tested negative for COVID-19, you will be allowed to go anywhere in Phuket.t
Arrival at Phuket International Airport：
- Undergo additional COVID-19 RT-PCR tests (day 6-7 and 12-13) according to the period of stay.
- Turn on the GPS of the designated contact tracing application (ThailandPlus and Morchana) at all times throughout the period of stay in Phuket.
During the stay in Phuket：
- Travelers who wish to visit Phuket only (stay less than 14 days) must leave Phuket (Thailand) for another country on or before the intended departure date.
- After a 14-night stay in Phuket, you can travel freely anywhere in Thailand.
Departure from Phuket：
For more information : https://www.tatnews.org/2021/07/phuket-sandbox-faqs/
“Phuket Sandbox 7+7 Extension”
The “Phuket Sandbox 7+7 Extension” programme enables fully vaccinated international travellers to reduce the mandatory stay in Phuket from 14 to 7 days, after which another 7 nights can be spent in any of the extension areas in Krabi (Ko Phi Phi, Ko Ngai, or Railay), Phang-Nga (Khao Lak or Ko Yao), or Surat Thani (Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan, or Ko Tao).
For more information : https://www.tatnews.org/2021/08/phuket-sandbox-7-7-extension-faqs/